Duncan P Taylor, PhD, FAIC
Duncan Taylor’s 30+-year career in the pharmaceutical industry is highlighted by senior management experience both in preclinical drug discovery, strategic research assessment, competitive intelligence, and business development. He received his initial degree in chemistry from the California Institute of Technology and a PhD in biochemistry from Oregon State University.
He is a Fellow of the American Institute of Chemists. Among his many achievements is the discovery, approval, and marketing of Serzone® (nefazodone), BuSpar® (buspirone), Stadol® NS (transnasal butorphanol), and Desyrel® (trazodone). He has served as Director of Pharmacology for Symphony Pharmaceuticals, Senior Director of Strategic Intelligence in Business Development for Biovail and SK Life Science, Director of Strategic Research Assessment for the Pharmacia Corporation. He retired in 2014 and is presently an associate consultant at McArthur and Associates GmbH.
Preclinical CNS Drug Discovery:
- Director of Pharmacology, Symphony Pharmaceuticals.
- Senior Research Fellow. Bristol-Myers Squibb
Business Development and Strategic Intelligence:
- Senior Director, Business Development, SK Life Science Inc.
- Senior Director of Strategic Intelligence in Business Development. Biovail
- Director of Strategic Research Assessment. Pharmacia Corporation
- In-licensing of Axert® (almotriptan),